gotYA Daredevil / Faction Frigates / Gallente
LR Thorax Thorax / Standard Cruisers / Gallente

Shop: Deep Space Supply

• Eve 60day Timecode
    60 Day EVE Game Time Code

60 days of EVE-Online Playing Time delivered by email!... Buy Now »

• Eve 30day CD Key
    30 Day EVE CD Key

New Accounts Only! Use this to create a brand-new account or convert a trial account to a paid account. Buy Now »

Forum

Poll

Which ship is best for solo L4 combat missions?

Loki
14 (15.2%)
Sleipnir
9 (9.8%)
Maelstrom
48 (52.2%)
Tempest
6 (6.5%)
Typhoon
15 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Best Minmatar L4 mission runner  (Read 15876 times)

chem

• Member 4th Class
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • chem has no influence.
  • Registered Member
Re: Best Minmatar L4 mission runner
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 02:21:41 pm »
Overall, the sleipnir is a fun ship and gets the job done, but no ships can beat the dps and tank you can achieve with a battleship. Plus, a command ship is a lot to train for early on, so battleships are easier especially if you use the meta 4 weapons. It took my character about 10 months to get into a command ship.

Yeah I figure I could farm L3s with a Hurricane until my Sleipnir or Loki skills came around, totally avoiding the time spent on battleships and large weapons.  That's a fair amount of time -- it would be kinda nice.  But if they suck at L4s compared to Maelstroms... that'd be a bad move.  But _do_ they suck in comparison? That is the question.  :)

Gibly101

• Member 4th Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gibly101 has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 03:03:28 pm »
typhoon can do all but the hardest dps missions mealstrom can finish any mission but takes forever untill you get all your skills up. tempest is middle of the road it can tank more then typhoon but not as much as mealstrom but more dmg better tracking.

to be honest if you seriously wanna mission i would advise a dominix as yoru carebare ship

Mad Hops

• Loadout Enlightenment Advisor
  • Griefwatch Representative
  • Rear Admiral
  • Reputation Power: 1036
  • Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Loadout Enlightenment Advisor
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 03:10:13 pm »
Loki's can definitely run level 4 missions, but they're more expensive than battleships. So it all depends on how much you want to spend and how long you're willing to devote skill training to each ship. I mean, I can afford a nice CNR, but I enjoy using my nighthawk because it's still pretty time efficient and isn't super expensive.
I'm so... I'm so... turned on by the fact he holds my stuff to such high esteem... NO BAD REISEN! Mad Hops... would you be a dear and get a sex change?

i guess you might be right somewhat

maybe

game experience or rl skillpoints:)

Mike712

• Moderators
  • Commodore
  • Reputation Power: 781
  • Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mike712 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:19:06 am »
I'd say the maelstrom, my loadout that Mad Hops posted will be very effective.

Second place goes to the sleipnir although you'll definitely want some faction mods, faction ammo and especially a good shield booster to get the most out of it:

[Sleipnir, PvE Lv4]
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

10MN Afterburner II
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP M
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Warrior II x5

Cap stable with 'Squire' CC4 and CR4.

672 DPS with 5 warrior IIs.

stogie

• Commodore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.stogie might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 09:07:30 pm »
mael every time

8 800 T2 autos

1 DG/PITH-B large booster
2 cal navy boost amps (or 1 and a AB)
3 hards

3 fleet gyros
2 dom tracking enhancers

2 CCC
1 ambient rig

it makes it easy
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.