Author Topic: Ramp up to EVEMon 1.3.2  (Read 5067 times)

Richard Slater

• EVEMon Developer
  • EVEMon Developer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
    • richard-slater.co.uk
Ramp up to EVEMon 1.3.2
« on: June 04, 2010, 02:40:19 pm »
Hello guys, it is nearly midnight here so I don't have time to update Trac and post an official release candidate, here is the latest build from the trunk including the Industry Monitor and changes to update mechanism.

Would appreciate a few people testing it on a few different systems, see how we fare.

[edit]
I should probably mention we are now on feature freeze, I will no longer accept enhancements for 1.3.2 they will need to be targeted at 1.3.3. Bug fixes are welcome as ever.
[/edit]

budhamo

• Member 5th Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • budhamo has no influence.
  • Registered Member
Re: Ramp up to EVEMon 1.3.2
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 12:50:46 am »
Installed on Vista 7 ultimate
  Seems to have fixed the crash on skills issue i was experiencing.

Thanks

Richard Slater

• EVEMon Developer
  • EVEMon Developer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Richard Slater forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
    • richard-slater.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 06:54:05 am »
Thanks for the feed back, any comment on the other new features?

Bandit224

• Member 5th Class
  • Bandit224 has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 07:07:29 pm »
crashed again.  should I not auto-update?  I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate with 2 characters currently training planet management skills.  7 characters in total

EVEMon Version: 1.3.1.2294
.NET Runtime Version: 2.0.50727.4927
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
Executable Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EVEMon\EVEMon.exe" C:\Program Files (x86)\EVEMon\EVEMon.exe

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\morsee\AppData\Roaming\EVEMon\cache\xml\ConquerableStationList.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\morsee\AppData\Roaming\EVEMon\cache\xml\ConquerableStationList.xml'
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:34:01 pm by Bandit224 »

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • Reputation Power: 314
  • Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:53:07 pm »
Do you mind sharing with us what you did to get that crash?
And if you don't mind I would like to see the full error report, at least till the data flies report.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:58:20 pm by Jimi »
"To be is to do" - Socrates
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Do" - Scooby Do
"Yaba Daba Doo!" - Fred Flintstone

bambid

• Crewman Novice
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 01:25:56 am »
Industry Job is THAT feature for I looked for. Great  :thumbsup: .

Will be here same behavior as by Marker Orders, that after clearing from notification area, it will disappear  from list ?

On my installation all finished jobs are still in Industry Job list and not clearing.

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 01:31:44 am »
If it displays it state as "Ready" you have to log in to EVE and deliver the jobs in order for the state to change to "Delivered" in the next update.

If it's already "Delivered" and you don't want to see it, go to Preferences (the icon far right in the toolbar) and select "Hide Inactive".

bambid

• Crewman Novice
  • bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.bambid is a force to reckon with.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 08:16:11 am »
Hi Jimi,
it would be nice, if it worked like that. But on build 2294 I deliver, have enabled hide inactive, but I still see all the jobs.

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 08:19:16 am »
What do you mean by "all the jobs" ? Can you take a  :photo: ?

I have to remind you that in order for EVEMon to "see" "Ready" jobs as "Delivered" it has to get an update from CCP API. And the minimum for that for the Industry Jobs is 15 min.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:21:26 am by Jimi »

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 08:41:12 am »
I just had a look at the code again and I think you might be right. I suspect there is a glitch in the logic that checks whether a jobs is delivered or not.

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 08:52:23 am »
Can you try this version and tell me about it ?

[Edit]
File has been removed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:56:06 am by Jimi »

bambid

• Crewman Novice
  • Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 12:14:01 pm »
It´s OK now, Jimi.

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 10:10:20 pm »
It´s OK now, Jimi.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Tonto Auri

• Contributing Developers
  • Fleet Captain
  • Reputation Power: 223
  • Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
    • EVE cheat sheet
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 02:57:43 pm »
I think, this one should be fixed before release...
The disk space leak is quite rapid, up to 1 mb/hour for me. And i'm only monitoring character skills, no market/industry orders.

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 07:26:00 am »
I think, this one should be fixed before release...
The disk space leak is quite rapid, up to 1 mb/hour for me. And i'm only monitoring character skills, no market/industry orders.

Can you try this version and tell me about it ?

Tonto Auri

• Fleet Captain
  • Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
    • EVE cheat sheet
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 11:30:41 pm »
No execcive temp files were created for the last two updates.
I'm carefully asuming that the issue is resolved.

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 11:39:18 pm »
Been running it from the moment I changed the code. Not a single temp file from EVEMon can be found in my temp folder.

I can quote MrCue's famous words now.
i have no idea of the cause, but i have fixed it - MrCue 2008

Tonto Auri

• Fleet Captain
    • EVE cheat sheet
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:02 pm »
:)))))))
Would really like to know the cause, but I can at least sleep better knowing that my HD won't run dry of free space overnight, unless something "new and improved" happens.

Senlikin

• Member 5th Class
  • Senlikin has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 06:36:40 am »
I have been using version 1.3.1.2284 for about a day now and everything has been working that I have tried.  I only have one downside so far.  There are 2 characters in my evemon that the accounts are expired on and with older versions the popup bubble telling me they were not active would only come up every hour when the API was polled but with this version the bubble keeps coming up every 5 mins. 

Are these accounts poled more now or is the bubble just coming up more often?  I have the same settings put in for notifications as I did with the older version(s).

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • EVEMon Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:54 am »
5 min is the cached time CCP returns on an CCP error type query (like "login denied by account status"). EVEMon is set to retry after the cache time has expired.

You can disable that notification for EVEMon Tools>Options>Notifications