Stratios Nullsec Hunter Stratios / Faction Cruisers / Gallente
Ice Buffed Skiff / Mining Barges / ORE

Shop: Deep Space Supply

• Eve 60day Timecode
    60 Day EVE Game Time Code

60 days of EVE-Online Playing Time delivered by email!... Buy Now »

• Eve 30day CD Key
    30 Day EVE CD Key

New Accounts Only! Use this to create a brand-new account or convert a trial account to a paid account. Buy Now »

Forum

Poll

If fitted for shield boosting + autocannons, which do you think is a better choice for mission running?

Machariel
10 (26.3%)
Vargur
21 (55.3%)
Screw BS's, use a Loki
6 (15.8%)
Neither (comment)
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Mach vs. Vargur - PVE  (Read 4360 times)

McRoll

• Crewman Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • McRoll is working their way up.McRoll is working their way up.McRoll is working their way up.
  • Registered Member
Re: Mach vs. Vargur - PVE
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 10:18:21 am »
Mach does a tad more DPS and flies faster while Vargur uses tractors+ salvages and is not far behind in terms of DPS. So I would say Vargur.

A fitting advice: Use a combination of 3 gyros + 2 tracking enhancers in the lows and a Large Burst Aerator II + Large Ambit extension I in the rigslots. The burst aerator gives you more DPS than a 4 th gyro and a tracking enhancer in the low gives you more falloff and tracking, thus adds DPS as well.

vicror

• Commander
  • Reputation Power: 123
  • vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:10:34 am »
Mach > Varg
More dps, range and speed.
Able to fit a armor or shield tank.
But, man those tractor beams are awesome for carebearing.
this thread is specifically about CAREBEARING if you bothered to read.
The Vargur is the supreme hi-sec minny mission ship. That's what it was designed to do.
I did read.  I know exactly what carebearing is all about.
Having said that Mach IS > Varg.  More speed and range kills the rats faster for salvage monkey/alt. to do thier job.
But, man those tractor beams sure are kool.
I just don't like marauders as a whole.  They fail in many ways.
For that much skilling they really SHOULD have more of damage bonus instead of tractor beam bonus.  5% per marauder lvl would be good.
Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you less of a demigod.

Now go and get yourself podded!

khaderach19

• Crewman Novice
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • khaderach19 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 02:11:08 am »
marauders are good jump off point if your training for dreads, since its nearly a couple of books away from each other.

if we are talking about isk efficiency then the tractors are worth slightly more than the higher dps. The mach can definitely blitz through missions faster but loot-balling for your salvage alt saves on overall time. so the isk/hr leans toward the marauder(s).