Author Topic: Class 6 Wormholes  (Read 9259 times)

sangren

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Fanatically Maniacal Sadist
Class 6 Wormholes
« on: April 05, 2010, 01:50:35 pm »
Anyone run these? I don't do much in WH space although I'm beginning to take interest in C6 farming after seeing what 4 Tengus can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2UcZNlmx0

I find it strange that these mythically difficult things can be done with 4 Tengus that are fit like this (most likely):

[Tengu, wh c6]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Power Diagnostic System II

Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
Large Shield Transporter II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Tengu Electronics - CPU Efficiency Gate
Tengu Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

And I think bringing 4-5 friends to camp around in a C6 wormhole sounds like the perfect way to spend the next...year...

So I have a few questions:
1) How much do C6 WHs pay? (hourly rate, site rate, amount of loot in each Sleeper, anything :/ )
2) Are they truly able to be completed in 4 Tengus? I find it hard to believe, even when watching the video.
3) How much raw DPS do Sleepers put out in a C6 site?
4) Would you guys think it's more fun and profitable than lvl 4 mission running? level 5 mission running?
5) I've heard about C6s connecting with lower classes that can connect to high sec, meaning that many times there is a direct connection to high sec that could be easy access to markets, quick injections of isk after some hard work. Are these systems existent and are they rare?

General questions regarding Sleepers:
1) Sleepers neut you, but does this significantly affect tactical options? Will it necessitate energy transfers/cap boosters/passive tanking?
2) What damage types do their guns do? Missiles?
3) Do cruisers and frigates have remote rep?

Thank you all so much in advance :D

Kushan

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.Kushan could teach you a few things.
  • Registered Member
Re: Class 6 Wormholes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:38:54 pm »
1) How much do C6 WHs pay? (hourly rate, site rate, amount of loot in each Sleeper, anything :/ )
100m/hr+ if you do enough dps
2) Are they truly able to be completed in 4 Tengus? I find it hard to believe, even when watching the video.
tengus have crazy resists, small sig, etc.  Haven't looked at the video but I suspect it's doable, maybe even better in a pulsar hole etc.  it takes more rep to do battleships because they take much more damage from the sleeper bs
5k+(ish) on the bad rooms
4) Would you guys think it's more fun and profitable than lvl 4 mission running? level 5 mission running?
vastly more profitable, arguable more fun  bit it's a personal preference (and there are downsides)
5) I've heard about C6s connecting with lower classes that can connect to high sec, meaning that many times there is a direct connection to high sec that could be easy access to markets, quick injections of isk after some hard work. Are these systems existent and are they rare?
Random, and rare

1) Sleepers neut you, but does this significantly affect tactical options? Will it necessitate energy transfers/cap boosters/passive tanking?
they don't neut, they nos.  if you are capstable, you won't go cap dead
guns are em/therm, missiles exp/kin (rainbow damage)
some of them, yes

Tachonaut

• Crewman Novice
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tachonaut struggles to be heard.Tachonaut struggles to be heard.
  • Fuzzy, fuzzy creature
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 04:06:12 pm »

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/J143751

That is the system they have been in.

I decided to become one of the wormspace settlers a while ago, it's less dull than running missions and leaves the opportunity for instant PvP. If you rather like not losing a ship, or prefer to stay on the sunny side, stay in empire, because you'll definately lose the one or other ship there.

*edit*

Random, and rare

I'd like to underline it with 'super-rare', I have never seen anything above C4 opening to highsec and those are already rather 'one of a kind'.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:09:53 pm by Tachonaut »

23gabe

• Six foot twenty, fukken killing for fun
  • Commodore
  • Reputation Power: 488
  • 23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.23gabe forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • FFS, HTFU
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:13:21 pm »
me and corp m8's run c6's everyonce and awhile, we usually take marauders or bs's with longer ranged guns (beams, rails, arties). Also we always have a designated dominix that gives us reps and cap. Even with 5 of us at a given time i have received up to 300m from doing one. (its usually less)
I can defiantly see 4 tengu's doing one. Small sig, good dps.  :)
Once we also took a damnation with an armor mindlink and full boosters, worked really well. gl

The fun thing about zero-g is you don't need to wear a bra.

Mad Hops

• Loadout Enlightenment Advisor
  • Griefwatch Representative
  • Rear Admiral
  • Reputation Power: 1036
  • Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mad Hops forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Loadout Enlightenment Advisor
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:15:39 pm »
Wormholes in general require a lot of attention. Class 6 wormholes require attention to complete them and attention to your directional scan so you don't get probed out. So if you like to make isk while watching TV or doing other stuff, then they're not for you.

Also, class 6's aren't really day trip sites... many people choose to live in the wormholes and set up a POS etc.

Finally, some wormholes come with bonuses/penalties. You'd want to steer clear from the ones that penalize RR, shield amount, sig radius, etc.
I'm so... I'm so... turned on by the fact he holds my stuff to such high esteem... NO BAD REISEN! Mad Hops... would you be a dear and get a sex change?

i guess you might be right somewhat

maybe

game experience or rl skillpoints:)

Jack Miton

• Commander
  • Reputation Power: 245
  • Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • CCRES - Member
    • CCRES
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »
Now, now.
You should know C6 WHs are the property of CCRES.

That said, each combat site is worth around 500mil.
Work out isk/hour based on how fast you can do them.

EDIT:  I would not recommend doing C6s in a 4 man tengu group.
I'm really not sure if you can get enough tank but even if you can, the first group of C6 local will send you can to empire quick smart.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:27:25 pm by Jack Miton »

vicror

• Commander
  • Reputation Power: 123
  • vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.vicror forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 07:28:47 pm »
Need caps to create more spawns.
Here's the tengu fit in case you're curious.
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=8394672
Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you less of a demigod.

Now go and get yourself podded!

Fugusha Kisai

• Pufferfish of Doom
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 332
  • Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Food for the Soul
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:17:31 pm »
You could also take a loki with you on these trips. Missiles are notoriously bad against the frigates, so...

needs a +3% cpu implant, but can web and then shred any sleeper frigates you have there, can also help slow cruisers, anything that gets too close. If it's not doing this, it can still rep at 43% stability.

[Loki, c6]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

Large Shield Extender II
Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field
Stasis Webifier II

Large Shield Transporter II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, EMP M

Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Loki Electronics - Immobility Drivers
Loki Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
Loki Offensive - Turret Concurrence Registry
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

Quote from: Reikso Feesh on Today at 04:46:53 am:
Fugusha doesnt just think outside the box, he burns the box first, snorts the ashes and then hits the EFT  I say if it feels good, do it! Put blasters on everything!

sangren

• Captain
  • sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sangren forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 06:43:50 am »
Wow...C6s seem to be very profitable, which means I've gotta go try them out. I do plan on living in a WH for some time, and probably setting up a POS/etc. with PvP corpmates, set up a system of protection, etc.

Never really considered a Loki, although it seems interesting. If I can find a corp mate willing to take that job I'll take it...

With the divided damage types is it more advantageous to tank one type more than another?

And vicror if I could handle the 6 or 8 extra spawns I would def. send in 1 or 2 carriers. I first want to get a grasp of how difficult the sites are independently before going in and making it harder on my gang :/

And 5k DPS? Holy sh*t...

Serendipity

• The UBER
  • Ensign
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Serendipity forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • I'm in a state of Serendipity!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 07:28:45 pm »
Probably doable with 4 tengus as long as you pay attention and don't semi-afk..

However, caps are needed to boost spawn.

Fugusha Kisai

• Pufferfish of Doom
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 332
  • Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Fugusha Kisai forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Food for the Soul
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:39:53 pm »
The reason behind the "4 tengus" is because whatever is primaried gets all reps instantly.

the dps tank is barely enough to tank the wormholes

Quote from: Reikso Feesh on Today at 04:46:53 am:
Fugusha doesnt just think outside the box, he burns the box first, snorts the ashes and then hits the EFT  I say if it feels good, do it! Put blasters on everything!

sangren

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 07:55:38 am »
i'll probably end up going with a couple of carriers and getting a spider tank going

Lucoz

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lucoz has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 03:45:30 am »
I've done a lot of class 6s. You need to fit for at least 80k EHP, preferably more (seen a 80k domi in structure form the first volley). We used to do it in a furball with about 6 armor bs orbiting 3-4 legion RR. Had some scary moments, but its the best and most profitable time I've had in eve pve. Advantage we had over the tengus is that our dps cleared the sites quicker

3-4 wormholes to high sec is quite normal

Dr cunter

• Member 3rd class
  • Dr cunter has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 04:14:43 pm »
Anyone run these? I don't do much in WH space although I'm beginning to take interest in C6 farming after seeing what 4 Tengus can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2UcZNlmx0

I find it strange that these mythically difficult things can be done with 4 Tengus that are fit like this (most likely):

And I think bringing 4-5 friends to camp around in a C6 wormhole sounds like the perfect way to spend the next...year...

So I have a few questions:

Thank you all so much in advance :D

First off im glad you found the video. I do think its funny that its singular and not plural. I coudlnt find any class 6 wormhole vids with tengus or anything like it. And yes it is doable with 4 tengus. thats what we did it in.

4 tengus took down the sleepers relativly quick. the guardians were a bit trickier and took much longer.

I cant belive you are even asking if class 6 WH's are more profitable. a class 4 is WAY more profitable. I dual box levels 4's with 2 tengus. 1RS on each and just click f1. the c5's require 3 tengus or 2 fully faction fit.

C6's will usually NEVER connect to high sec or close. the closest we found was c6 - c5 - c5 - c3 high sec. But they will have Null secs. the sleeper nos is nothing to worry about. our cap was never low at all. sleepers omni damage so you need to omni tank and use the kin missles. also your fit is a bit off. you need to have 2 CN photons. and 2 CN invulns. to run these. also T2 rigs for more shields and I belive an exp shield rig for resists. the EHPs I got were 118k but I belive they are more with T2 rigs.

also use the disolution as it gives better tange. You could also experiement with taking a resist off and fit ecm but havent tried it.

all the sleepers can remote rep too meaning bs cruisers and frigs can RR. but in each site it may be different. check the notes

sangren

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 04:25:19 pm »
I cant belive you are even asking if class 6 WH's are more profitable. a class 4 is WAY more profitable. I dual box levels 4's with 2 tengus. 1RS on each and just click f1. the c5's require 3 tengus or 2 fully faction fit.

I've been brainwashed to a ridiculous extent regarding how profitable lvl 4s and 5s are with regards to LPs and mission bonuses, didn't realize the potential that rested in wormholes.

So should I just run C4s instead of C6s?

Jack Miton

• Commander
  • Reputation Power: 245
  • Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jack Miton forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • CCRES - Member
    • CCRES
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »
if youre soloing, C1 is most profitable as you can shred through them.
in a group, c6 is most profitable.

Dr cunter

• Member 3rd class
  • Dr cunter has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 05:53:14 pm »
personally I would do the c4's I like the c4's the most. They super easy and basic. no issues at all. C5's can be a bit hairy.

last week I did one with a corp mate and he didnt tell me he had the best named remote shield over the T2 and it almost killed us. as it takes .5 sec longer per cycle. but we managed.

The level 4's we do are in our home system. so they dont spawn that often. but its about 100mil for 15 mins. then I just /2

Oh yeah I just updated the class 6 wormhole tengu setup and it now has 125k EHP's. reps 4489 with 3 reppers. to put it into perspective, My abaddon that I used with my alt in c4 c5 wh's would need 15 remote reppers to get same defense. and only has 94k EHP's.

:censored: er
 :censored: er.

Accipitor

• Member 2nd Class
  • Accipitor has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 12:58:40 pm »
 :iamwithstupid: lol jk DR  :censored: er...

first of all, you need to be  :tard: and  :crazy2: to run c6's... I know for a fact that c5's are not (yet) soloable. but here's the low down.

c4's, solo-able in a ship that has 950 dps tank, and 450+ gank with buffer!!!
c5's, solo-able in a ship that has 2000 dps tank, and 750+ gank with buffer!!!
c6's, solo-able in a ship that has 4000 dps tank, and 2000+ gank with GIANT buffer!!!

every site be prepared to stay there for a long time when solo... more dps you have the faster the site and greater the isk/hr... IF you keep it to low # of ppl.

oh and caps... you need 1500+ more tank because of the extra spawns... don't know exact but it's close too...

all sites, more EHP = better survivability (if you can maintain your tank)

Tyfuz

• Crewman Novice
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tyfuz struggles to be heard.Tyfuz struggles to be heard.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 05:47:54 am »
Interesting reading with the Tengu. I lived in different C4 for a long time. Just wanted to say that regarding that Loki setup it looks great for killing smaller ships. Please have in mind that the BS will stay at 45km at 80% of the time. They can move from 15-95km also but that is only 20% of the time. So, with the loki setup you will not hit anything at more range then 18km even with barrage. Its just a note so you will not think that you will close in on the BS or something.

I got a general question about rigs, since shield transfere is used for most of the cap, isnt it better to use "1 medium egress port maximizer i"? and 2xmedium CCC?