Author Topic: Best PvP Frig Out There?  (Read 8984 times)

Aeturnus IV

• Member 5th Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Aeturnus IV has no influence.
  • Registered Member
Best PvP Frig Out There?
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:29:57 am »
So? What's the best frigate out there? Do you prefer tank? Speed? DPS?

What do you find most effective?

Mark Interiis

• Awesomeness in a can
  • Fleet Captain
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
Re: Best PvP Frig Out There?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 03:08:52 pm »
What kind of pvp? (The punisher)
Everything needs damage mods

Galtan Deus

• Member 2nd Class
  • Galtan Deus has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 02:12:33 am »
Jaguar for solo.

StormMyke

• Petty Officer 1st. Class
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • StormMyke is breaking through obscurity.StormMyke is breaking through obscurity.StormMyke is breaking through obscurity.StormMyke is breaking through obscurity.StormMyke is breaking through obscurity.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:08:51 am »
cheap thrills pvp,I like the incurus and have the "fitted spare" tank :)

though I am training a rifter alt :P

Neoncamouflage

• The best ninja you'll never see
  • Ensign
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.Neoncamouflage is a force to reckon with.
  • Hiding in plain sight.....
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 06:42:57 am »
Rifter by far. Turret and missile slots allow for incredible versitality, the mids and lows are spaced so you can tank however you like, and it's got really good speed.

There's a reason it's the poster child for piracy...

SghnDubh

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Reputation Power: 772
  • SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • You can't tourniquet the taint
    • BattleClinic
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 07:25:21 am »

Punisher hands down.

00sage00

• Eve Online PVPer, Explorer, and Blogger
  • Ensign
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • 00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • 00sage00
    • Yarrbear Tales
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 11:37:05 am »

My EVE blog: Yarrbear Tales :)

Turelle

• Commander
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Turelle forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
    • Veto.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 12:23:41 pm »
T1 - Rifter. I can't speak for the Punisher, but the rifterhas the speed and ability to web and scram that the rifter has

T2 - Ishkur, Crusader, Taranis. Although the other races have worthy T2 frigates, it just depends on your play style really. But I love the ishkur as I made over 200m in ransoms today with it :)

l0pus

• Member 2nd Class
  • l0pus has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 08:54:24 am »
T1- Punisher or Rifter. Punisher has an OMG tank with the ship bonuses, and the Rifter is a very fast and versatile frigate with a surprising punch.

Faction - Amarr Navy Slicer or Succubus. The other faction ships have split weapons systems and can't really pump out the DPS. The Slicer can be fitted to have a decent tank or can be speed fitted effectively, and can hammer out 125+ DPS without much thought. The Succubus is a monster: Mine can pump out 200+ DPS, runs about 1k m/s with a faction AB, and has a 2200 hp shield buffer (almost 7000 EHP total) Neither ship is cheap, though.

T2 - Ishkur is king in my book. 5 small drones and blasters give it around 200 DPS, and it's T2 resists coupled with a small cap injector and an SAR give it a lot of longevity in a fight. I've even killed Neut Arbis with mine, waiting until they run their cap down and then running the booster for some surprise buttsechs.

SghnDubh

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Reputation Power: 772
  • SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • You can't tourniquet the taint
    • BattleClinic
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 09:02:05 am »
Amarr Navy Slicer or Succubus.

T2 - Ishkur is king in my book.

You should post some loadouts  ;D

00sage00

• Ensign
  • 00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.00sage00 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • 00sage00
    • Yarrbear Tales
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 09:33:30 am »
This is my Succubus fit: http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/25949-Succubus-PVP-Shield-Buffer-Gank.html

Personally I don't think it's that great of a ship. It just sits in my hangar looking expensive.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/25950-Amarr-Navy-Slicer-PVP-Active-Armor-Pulse.html

Slicer fit that works well for me. It's far less expensive than the Succubus, so it's actually worth using in PVP.

l0pus

• Member 2nd Class
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 11:34:54 am »
My Succubus fit is similar, though I have a named DCU in the lows, EM, Therm, and collision rigs, and a coreli AB. I've gotten 50+ kills with the slicer, and a fair number of kills with the succubus, and I have to say, the succubus performs a hell of a lot better. It hits 50% harder, and has just as many EHP as the slicer.

They both have the same weaknesses, but the succubus shines in the DPS department.

If you really don't think so, and want to sell the succubus cheap, I'll give you 50 mil for it.  :smitten:

Edit: Average Slicer prices are 40-45mil... Succubus BPCs go for around 55mil... if you're going to be risking 50mil + on a T1 frig hull, what's another 10-15mil?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:37:28 am by l0pus »

00sage00

• Ensign
  • 00sage00
    • Yarrbear Tales
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 11:48:10 am »
Yes, the DPS is pretty amazing. Except I find its weaknesses too...weak. It has no real tank, it's not particularly fast, and it attracts people like a light attracts moths. Perhaps I'll give it another whirl one of these days and call it the Bug Zapper™.

And no, I'll keep my baby. :P

l0pus

• Member 2nd Class
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 09:47:09 am »
It's a frigate... it isn't supposed to have a "real tank". The slicer doesn't have a "real tank" either, but my succubus fit isn't a pushover. For a frigate, a 2200 shield buffer with 55-70% resists isn't bad at all, especially when the thing flies 1k/s and does over 200 DPS. Could you do better in a frigate with less money? Yes, but then you'd be flying an assault frig, and you'd get fewer engagements. Assault frigs are too scary. 

The weakness you noted, "attracting people like light attracts moths" isn't a weakness in my book. It's why I fly the thing to begin with. I get more people to underestimate, engage, and die in the succubus than in pretty much anything else. It's a lulz machine.

When you do try it out again, drop a little more cash on it: ditch the CCC rigs for a therm shield rig and a laser dmg rig, drop one of the magstabs for a named DCU (midrange is ok, no tech2 due to cpu issues), and spend about 10 mil on a coreli faction AB to make it 31% faster. You'll be pleased with the results.

Taking my fitting advice addresses some of the main things you find weak about the frig (tank and speed) without dropping the DPS. It might not be cap stable with everything on, but with the nos running, you can turn off the invuln when in orbit whenever your cap gets to 25%, and then turn it back on after 30 seconds or so.  Do this and don't turn the invuln on until you're about to engage, and you'll never have any real cap issues.

You'll die if your opponent is running neuts or is an ecm ship, but hey... it's a frigate. Avoid that crap like the plague.