Author Topic: Kronos vs. Navy Mega  (Read 6179 times)

Keyan Farlander

• Member 2nd Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Keyan Farlander has no influence.
Kronos vs. Navy Mega
« on: December 23, 2008, 07:03:14 pm »
Need abit of help deciding which expensive BS I should aim for after my Domi. PvE fit.

Messing around in EFT: I get:
Navy Mega: 398 DPS/1875 Volley with CN Antimatter, 7x 350s.
712 DPS tank against Kin/Therm

Kronos: 467 DPS with CN Antimatter and 4x 425s
Can fit tractor and 2x salvagers on remaining highs
900 some DPS tank with a lower level Marauder skill (Im not getting Marauders V for a LONG time).

(If I have the money, I can push the tank a few hundred DPS higher with plex mods, but I think 700+ is sufficient for most L4s).

EDIT: Navy mega has about even DPS with Kronos due to the 2 additional Ogre IIs I can fit. But I might decide to forgo the heavy drones in exchange for 5x meds/5x lights and 10x meds/5x lights because I'll want something to take down frigs with.

Im leaning towards Kronos since it's abit faster and I can salvage on the go, but is there anything I should know about Marauders before making the jump? I'll be using it mainly for L4 missions, L5 plexes. Probably dont have balls to take into 0.0 unless I find a very nice corp there.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 07:06:03 pm by Keyan Farlander »

Xkai7263

• Lieutenant, Junior Grade
  • Xkai7263 might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
Re: Kronos vs. Navy Mega
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 07:23:14 pm »
well only advise is that navy megas are a LOT cheaper but the kronos will get you more isk per hour as long as it isnt destroyed

MeliaDryus

• Petty Officer 2nd. Class
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • MeliaDryus is breaking through obscurity.MeliaDryus is breaking through obscurity.MeliaDryus is breaking through obscurity.MeliaDryus is breaking through obscurity.MeliaDryus is breaking through obscurity.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:11:23 pm »
Its sort of not the same thing, ya know. On the one side you have a faction BS(still tech 1) and a tech 2 battleship. It's like comparing an Ishtar vs. Vexor navy issue. The ishtar will come out on top 9,5 out of 10 times.
Generally tech 2 is more bang for the buck, and if I could fly a marauder - I would ;)

Krinkles619

• Prince Charming
  • Moderators
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 170
  • Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 04:23:17 pm »
for pvp, use the kronos. plexes and missions use the navy. nuff said.

Justicar

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.Justicar has an aura about them.
    • My Poetry
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 09:38:07 pm »
Don't use the Kronos to mission!  Whatever you do!  You'd lose that thing when you least expect it and kicking yourself in the ass for it.

PvP, your going to lose it, so might as well go out with a bang! =D

khaderach19

• Crewman Novice
  • khaderach19 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 10:41:27 am »
Don't use the Kronos to mission!  Whatever you do!  You'd lose that thing when you least expect it and kicking yourself in the ass for it.

then what the hell would he use it for? courier missions? if you lose your kronos to a lvl 4 then you deserve to lose it. marauders are the definitive ship for mission running. why would you pvp with a with a nearly 700mil ship when a navy would go for around 250mil.

Mark Interiis

• Awesomeness in a can
  • Fleet Captain
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 10:45:51 am »

Navy Mega: 398 DPS
Kronos: 467 DPS
Picking wich one to use isn't the real problem for you tbh.
Everything needs damage mods

Krinkles619

• Prince Charming
  • Moderators
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 170
  • Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Krinkles619 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 05:53:28 pm »
and those stats aren't even considering the fact that the four 350's get a 100% damage bonus on the kronos, so you have the other four slots open for nuets and what have you. if you use the nuet, drain an enemy so they can't tank, you are still putting out more dps while at the same time stopping their ability to repair said damage. then you have the navy mega. it has only it's normal bonus to damage, and one free high slot for a nuet or something. and then there's the fact that, even with three extra guns, it puts out less dps. not to mention the enemy will be able to repair the damage. for pvp the kronos is the absolute for gallente battleships of any kind.

Silentskills

• Gallente Fitting Police
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.Silentskills could teach you a few things.
  • You won't escape ...
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 08:29:29 pm »
The above comparison is biased.
This is the cleanest I can build for you, if you don't wanna read the whole thing here's the answer in short KRONOS is BETTER for PVE, Navy Mega is better at PVP (more often than not), I will explain below, so hold your flame.

Both ships are using regular AM, if you use faction ammo for mission you should be hanged, they also BOTH have an Amarr LAR, None of the ships use AB, and both at lvl5

Navy Mega
-PVE
- 7x425mm T2  - 2x Mag stabs = 448 dps
- Tanks 603 Dps Vs Serpentis (Using 4 hards and aux nano Pump)
- Lasts for 12 mins using 3 Cap Rechargers and a CPR

PVE the mega is cheap, fitting it is very simple, great boat for starting missioner, also doesn't require you to have BS5, AWU5, and energy management 5 (ithink)
PVP this is important, this ship has insane amount of HP, while this matters little to nothing on big fleets, on small gang, pirating and empire wars, this ship owns the kronos in EHP. while being a lot cheaper to acquire.

Kronos -PVE
- 4x425mm T2 - 2x Mag Stabs = 512 dps
- Tanks 880 dps vs Serpentis (using 4 hardeners only)
- Perma Runs with every single mod running.

For PVE, kronos has the advantage that you can salvage and run your mission at the same time, uses less ammo, has higher dps than navy mega, tanks better, cap stability is easy to achieve.

For PVP, its the equivalent of a Hyperion on crack, effectively having 8 guns, and 3 more high slots for your choice of Neut, Nos and what have you. HUGE cargo bay, you can stack 800s in there to last for ages.

There are probably

Mark Interiis

• Awesomeness in a can
  • Fleet Captain
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Mark Interiis forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 01:05:46 am »
The above comparison is biased.
This is the cleanest I can build for you, if you don't wanna read the whole thing here's the answer in short KRONOS is BETTER for PVE, Navy Mega is better at PVP (more often than not), I will explain below, so hold your flame.

Both ships are using regular AM, if you use faction ammo for mission you should be hanged, they also BOTH have an Amarr LAR, None of the ships use AB, and both at lvl5
This was a pretty cool post but you gotta build your pvegathrons more offencively.
Everything needs damage mods

Lightowler

• Petty Officer 1st. Class
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Lightowler struggles to be heard.Lightowler struggles to be heard.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 01:23:36 am »
can i also remind people how easy a kronos is to jam

Xkai7263

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 07:31:06 am »
for pve its no big deal light

Lightowler

• Petty Officer 1st. Class
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Lightowler struggles to be heard.Lightowler struggles to be heard.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 07:58:17 am »
sorry i should have been more clear

can i remind the people who wer sugesting that the kronos was beter than the nega at pvp how easy it is to jam

MINA123

• Carebear Extraordinaire with hatred of carebears
  • Commander
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.MINA123 forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 08:01:25 am »
for pvp, use the kronos. plexes and missions use the navy. nuff said.

no other way around

mauraders were meant for missions thats why they have tractor beams bonus

navythron is a beast for pvp so dont just give some shitty answer like that without giving a reason
Pendragon Inc are a 0.0 corp within the R-I-P alliance, we're based out in wicked creek and are looking for miners to join our ranks, send me a message if your interested ( also recruiting combat players )

Send MINA123 a message on this or ingame if interested.

zjoekov

• Ensign
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.zjoekov forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 08:06:59 am »
Need abit of help deciding which expensive BS I should aim for after my Domi. PvE fit.

Any advice?
stick with the domi, it can do alot more damage.
sentries and guns, only torp raven, cnr and golem will beat your dps (if they have a tanker working with em)

Wheezal

• Petty Officer 2nd. Class
  • Wheezal might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 08:47:44 am »
As much as i love the navy thron, for missions, the Kronos is just superior at it, 4 425's and 3 tractors (come in with a salvager post-mission) and i can sprint through even the toughest Lvl 4's.

For PvP, i'd use a nice cheap(er) navythron that has more hitpoints and is tougher to jam.  Actually, given my income, i'm still on Domi's since they're less painful to lose :)
InVictus Kell
IRC
Gladiators of Rage

Xkai7263

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 10:24:27 pm »
lozl Wheezal :) true dat