The 4 Million Ship Condor / Standard Frigates / Caldari
Lvl2 Mission runner Stabber / Standard Cruisers / Minmatar

Shop: Deep Space Supply

• Eve 60day Timecode
    60 Day EVE Game Time Code

60 days of EVE-Online Playing Time delivered by email!... Buy Now »

• Eve 30day CD Key
    30 Day EVE CD Key

New Accounts Only! Use this to create a brand-new account or convert a trial account to a paid account. Buy Now »

Forum

Author Topic: Soloing Angel Extravaganza Bonus Room?  (Read 10817 times)

Coby Descent

• Member 1st Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Coby Descent has no influence.
Soloing Angel Extravaganza Bonus Room?
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:49:39 am »
I've gotten to the point where I can solo any Level 4 without much problem or even having to warp out, except Angel Extravaganza, Level 4 - Bonus Room!  I've tried it twice but had to run pretty quick.

I'm pretty well skilled (22mil SP) and fly a T2-fitted Maelstrom, in a sniper format:

6x 1400mm T2s
2x T2 Assault Launchers (w/ precisions where needed)

AB
Shield Tanking
3x Gryros

Medium Scout drones x 5

(When I know a mission hasn't got many frigs, I fit 7 or 8 1400mm's)

Any tips on how I can solo the bonus room?  Has anyone managed it?

unslaught

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!
Re: Soloing Angel Extravaganza Bonus Room?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:23:53 am »
hahahaha, i had a lot off dicussions about this 1, you should need an uber tank ship to do that all by yourself (nighthawk and such), the problem is that everyone fits against kin and explo damage, the centry's that hit you so hard shoot thermal cruises on you're head  ;)
so the best thing you can take out there is a ship whit mighty explo resist's (shield tanker), so you can fit something against thermal damage. or even better an omni tanked nighthawk will tank it easily
active tanked it will, not sure about a passive fitted nh but i guess it maybe will do even better  :)
so to be honest i hope you can fly a nh  :P
warfare is what i do...

unslaught

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 02:24:55 am »
hahahaha, i had a lot off dicussions about this 1, you should need an uber tank ship to do that all by yourself (nighthawk and such), the problem is that everyone fits against kin and explo damage, the centry's that hit you so hard shoot thermal cruises on you're head  ;)
so the best thing you can take out there is a ship whit mighty explo resist's (shield tanker), so you can fit something against thermal damage. or even better an omni tanked nighthawk will tank it easily
active tanked it will, not sure about a passive fitted nh but i guess it maybe will do even better  :)
so to be honest i hope you can fly a nh  :P

ow yeah a tip shoot out those centry's fast, you should be able to tank the rest off the room more easily
warfare is what i do...

deadrick

• Crewman
  • deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:50:20 am »
You dont need a nighthawk for this one.
I have done it in CNR, Maelstrom and Typhoon.. maybe some other ships but these ships is the ones i can come up with right away.

I had to warp out once when doing it in the maelstrom  but I mangaged on the second run. The typhoon on the other hand had no problem with it and it was a dual rep fit with an afterburner, taking out the nastier towers first while heading away from the blob of ships.

Hope this is of some help.  ;)

Sargeant Hammer

• I fly Sansha
  • Ensign
  • Sargeant Hammer might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
    • Teamspeak and Vent hosting!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 08:06:36 am »
the em damage is rather high for this room. you might wana change hardeners to fit for it.

its suggested to use high em and thermal for this room. look out for the cruisers as they do a large amount too.
My Nightmare Rated: 30+ 8-
My Retribution Rated: 31+ 10-

Theres someone giving out deliberate negatives and not rating the setups.
If you cant type a reason dont thumb it down.