Author Topic: Soloing Angel Extravaganza Bonus Room?  (Read 11736 times)

Coby Descent

• Member 1st Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Coby Descent has no influence.
Soloing Angel Extravaganza Bonus Room?
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:49:39 am »
I've gotten to the point where I can solo any Level 4 without much problem or even having to warp out, except Angel Extravaganza, Level 4 - Bonus Room!  I've tried it twice but had to run pretty quick.

I'm pretty well skilled (22mil SP) and fly a T2-fitted Maelstrom, in a sniper format:

6x 1400mm T2s
2x T2 Assault Launchers (w/ precisions where needed)

AB
Shield Tanking
3x Gryros

Medium Scout drones x 5

(When I know a mission hasn't got many frigs, I fit 7 or 8 1400mm's)

Any tips on how I can solo the bonus room?  Has anyone managed it?

unslaught

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!
Re: Soloing Angel Extravaganza Bonus Room?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:23:53 am »
hahahaha, i had a lot off dicussions about this 1, you should need an uber tank ship to do that all by yourself (nighthawk and such), the problem is that everyone fits against kin and explo damage, the centry's that hit you so hard shoot thermal cruises on you're head  ;)
so the best thing you can take out there is a ship whit mighty explo resist's (shield tanker), so you can fit something against thermal damage. or even better an omni tanked nighthawk will tank it easily
active tanked it will, not sure about a passive fitted nh but i guess it maybe will do even better  :)
so to be honest i hope you can fly a nh  :P
warfare is what i do...

unslaught

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!unslaught has great potential!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 02:24:55 am »
hahahaha, i had a lot off dicussions about this 1, you should need an uber tank ship to do that all by yourself (nighthawk and such), the problem is that everyone fits against kin and explo damage, the centry's that hit you so hard shoot thermal cruises on you're head  ;)
so the best thing you can take out there is a ship whit mighty explo resist's (shield tanker), so you can fit something against thermal damage. or even better an omni tanked nighthawk will tank it easily
active tanked it will, not sure about a passive fitted nh but i guess it maybe will do even better  :)
so to be honest i hope you can fly a nh  :P

ow yeah a tip shoot out those centry's fast, you should be able to tank the rest off the room more easily
warfare is what i do...

deadrick

• Crewman
  • deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.deadrick might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:50:20 am »
You dont need a nighthawk for this one.
I have done it in CNR, Maelstrom and Typhoon.. maybe some other ships but these ships is the ones i can come up with right away.

I had to warp out once when doing it in the maelstrom  but I mangaged on the second run. The typhoon on the other hand had no problem with it and it was a dual rep fit with an afterburner, taking out the nastier towers first while heading away from the blob of ships.

Hope this is of some help.  ;)

Sargeant Hammer

• I fly Sansha
  • Ensign
  • Sargeant Hammer might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
    • Teamspeak and Vent hosting!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 08:06:36 am »
the em damage is rather high for this room. you might wana change hardeners to fit for it.

its suggested to use high em and thermal for this room. look out for the cruisers as they do a large amount too.
My Nightmare Rated: 30+ 8-
My Retribution Rated: 31+ 10-

Theres someone giving out deliberate negatives and not rating the setups.
If you cant type a reason dont thumb it down.

d3vo

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d3vo might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 03:13:42 pm »
http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=AngelExtragavanza4

The ultimate guide...now you don't have to ask people.

delindsay

• Lieutenant, Junior Grade
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • delindsay struggles to be heard.delindsay struggles to be heard.
  • I cannot Brain today, I have the Dumb
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 03:49:37 pm »
Also, since CCP decides to nerf the crap out of the bonus room (the 5x Malikim's no longer spawn) it's hardly worth the effort anymore. Don't get me wrong it's a bit of added bounty and possibly some ok loot/salvage, but compared to the 20K Bane torps, 20x Ogres, and various other drops it USED to be. And it used to be FAR harder to tank.
Co-Founder and CEO: Galaxies Fall

Coby Descent

• Member 1st Class
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 01:40:43 am »
http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=AngelExtragavanza4

The ultimate guide...now you don't have to ask people.

I always have the Eve Survival guide open on my second monitor when doing missions ;)

But, there isn't much on tips for fitting specific ships, which is what I was after.  I think I'll give the bonus room another go after reading some of the posts though.

fastcart

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • fastcart has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 07:58:44 am »
I hate to overload you with more advice, but...

In my CNR, I fit explosive, thermal, and em hardeners.  In the bonus room, I start with the cruise missile batteries while kiting (flying away from) the agro.  And, I leave the Seraphim for last or nearly last.

Coby Descent

• Member 1st Class
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 01:58:06 am »

Advice is always welcome, thanks for the tips!

flukeve

• Member 5th Class
  • flukeve has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:11:20 am »

In my CNR, I fit explosive, thermal, and em hardeners.  In the bonus room, I start with the cruise missile batteries while kiting (flying away from) the agro.  And, I leave the Seraphim for last or nearly last.

well, on my CNR i just need 3 dg invul fields to do the job, dont even have to move. they come and die. :)

fastcart

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • fastcart has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 03:46:48 pm »
well, on my CNR i just need 3 dg invul fields to do the job, dont even have to move. they come and die. :)
I mission in systems where expensive faction fitted ships get ganked.  So, I'm trying my best to get by with some named and mostly tech 2 modules (or low cost faction ones).  If I didn't have to worry about ganks, I'm sure I could fit a cnr where I wouldn't have to kite them.  >.>

Jarowit

• Reputation Power: 54
  • Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 01:47:18 am »
I tried to do that 3 times in Domi with differen hardeners, but I cant.
I got 8mil SP, but do all lev 4 nearly afk, except that one. :(

Can some1 type dmg types and ammount of dmg each type in that pocket?
I saw it on survival.org, but something wrong with those numbers I believe. :(

Other thing. I heard that there is no more faction loot in that pocket after nerf. Is that true?
sik!

Enjor Mann's Orca was destroyed, 06/03/10 04:53:00

Never Forget

delindsay

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 11:16:37 pm »
It wasn't Faction it was Complex loot, I got 3x B-Type mods in there once. That's the reason CCP nerfed it as far as I know.

Minion989

• Crewman Novice
  • Minion989 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 08:59:02 am »
I tried to do that 3 times in Domi with differen hardeners, but I cant.
I got 8mil SP, but do all lev 4 nearly afk, except that one. :(

Can some1 type dmg types and ammount of dmg each type in that pocket?
I saw it on survival.org, but something wrong with those numbers I believe. :(

Other thing. I heard that there is no more faction loot in that pocket after nerf. Is that true?

faction loot? i don't remember it, and what you need to do is keep range on the guys

I did it in a ranged domi with 425mm rails + 5 bouncers(tech 1) just fine. Once i popped the thermal damage guns and when they got within 20km i'd start moving and just use berserker tech 2s from there.(i don't think i got webbed by the frigs if i remember correctly)

note: i had 7.5 million sp the first time i did it

pure drone/tank skills at that time =P now i'd probably roll over it with tech 2 sentrys here in 5 days

However, unless you can do it quickly...its not worth trying to attempt it =P just do another mission...unless there is still faction loot there

Jarowit

• Reputation Power: 54
  • Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jarowit forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 11:51:54 am »
Battlestation dropped faction loot when destroyed according to mission quide.

sik!

Enjor Mann's Orca was destroyed, 06/03/10 04:53:00

Never Forget

delindsay

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »
I've done it before and after nerf, the Battlestation never dropped anything of worth. It was the Retirement Home (or whatever it was called) that spawned the 5x Malikims that dropped the 20K Bane's, etc. I got the 3x B-Types of a Seraphim iirc.