L3, L4 Mission Runner (vsAm Megathron / Standard Battleships / Gallente
orca fit 1 Orca / Capital Industrial Ships / ORE

Shop: Deep Space Supply

• Eve 60day Timecode
    60 Day EVE Game Time Code

60 days of EVE-Online Playing Time delivered by email!... Buy Now »

• Eve 30day CD Key
    30 Day EVE CD Key

New Accounts Only! Use this to create a brand-new account or convert a trial account to a paid account. Buy Now »

Forum

Author Topic: Why does everyone hate Bellicose?  (Read 8698 times)

Shaggyd

• Member 3rd class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Shaggyd has no influence.
Why does everyone hate Bellicose?
« on: August 04, 2008, 03:18:30 am »
This weekend, I was able to purchase my very first cruiser. I was advised to get a Stabber because, as everyone online put it, the Bellicose is crap. I asked why it is crap and underused, but no-one gave any sensible reply.
So I followed their advice, bought a Stabber and after fitting it with basic 220 Vulcans, lost the damn thing after 24hrs at a 0.4sec complex.
Luckily I had the ship 100% insured, so now I'm considering a Bellicose and tackle the complex from long range.
What do you all think? Stick with another Stabber? Get a Bellicose? Or cross-train and buy a different race cruiser?

Gabba

• Member 5th Class
  • Gabba might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
Re: Why does everyone hate Bellicose?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:27:24 am »
Keep training and get a rupture, far better for your needs.

Stabber is a fast PVP cruiser

Sky Grunthor

• Constructive Singeing Extrodinare
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Sky Grunthor is breaking through obscurity.Sky Grunthor is breaking through obscurity.Sky Grunthor is breaking through obscurity.Sky Grunthor is breaking through obscurity.Sky Grunthor is breaking through obscurity.
  • I'm a minmatar fanboi!
    • BattleClinic.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:36:38 am »
the bellicose is the ewar platform ship.  As its ewar consists of target painters for bonus it is often seen as worthless.  It also souffers from a split weapon system requireing more training.  These are the simple reasons why people don't like them.

The Rupture and Stabber are far better ships for straight up combat and pve but the bellicose is not bad in itself.. its just not as good by comparison.

Faction War News : Amarr | Gallente | Minmatar | Caldari

Sargeant Hammer

• I fly Sansha
  • Ensign
  • Sargeant Hammer might just get shoved out an airlock if they keep it up.
    • Teamspeak and Vent hosting!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:52:31 am »
if you have ever tried to fit a belicose with any sort of weaponry youll find it very hard to do. my fitting skills are extremely high and even i have trouble getting some half decent weapons and fittings.

this is definately not a ship worth it in the case of doing damage. nor is it a ship worthy of taking damage. ewar is about the only way you can get anything half decent out of it and even then its probably better as a fleet ship designed to increase interceptors and other small ships size so that the bigger ships can actually hit them.

i considered buying one at the massive price tag of 3 mil recently and after i couldnt come up with a fitting i decided not to.

as sky said: go for the rupture

(well im putting words in the mouth of sky now arent i)

i fly a rupture sometimes and i have to say its very good. fit it out with 650mm guns and youll find the fitting quite easy.
My Nightmare Rated: 30+ 8-
My Retribution Rated: 31+ 10-

Theres someone giving out deliberate negatives and not rating the setups.
If you cant type a reason dont thumb it down.

Shaggyd

• Member 3rd class
  • Shaggyd has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 07:55:57 am »
Well, I've finally kitted out my Bellicose with 2xmissile launchers, 1xheavy missile launcher , 2x 650mm artillery  and a 225mm vulcan. Yep, I know, mixed guns = bad news, but it is all I can salvage from loot at the moment.
I have also fitted a target painter (higher missile damage I believe), shield booster I and an afterburner to keep a distance from smaller rats. Finally, Overdrive II, inertial stab and ballistic control to give the cruiser some edge in maintaining distance from foes. Oh and a target tracking disruptor with range script to reduce their lockon range.
Again all gear robbed from my rat loot.
So if it fails, at least I gave the Bellicose a try and get my insurance back aswell.
First flight tonight after work (if I finish early).