Author Topic: [Competition] Christmas Tree Fairy lights!  (Read 5096 times)

Anabaric

• All your Avatars are Belong to me.
  • Community Manager
  • Commodore
  • Reputation Power: 2088
  • Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • When it doubt shoot it twice
    • My EvE Blog
[Competition] Christmas Tree Fairy lights!
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:53:10 pm »
So every once in a while I run a little fitting competition, I usually ask the mods what they fancy, and then promptly ignore them and do my own thing. But it's christmas, so what the hell lets let their ideas loose on the boards...

"Turn your ship into an xmas tree:
Fit a ship with modules that makes the most colorful in-game effects possible. Youtube it. Must include a link to the BC loadout"

* Anabaric facepalms.

Ok.... you wanted it, here we go:

The competition is simple, the choices are not, take your ship of choice and make it look as much like a Christmas tree as possible, we will require a fitting on the board with the complete fit used. Please be colourful, creative, and above all have fun.

We require a video or screen shot of the ship(s) being as colourful and christmassy as possible.

• Photoshop is allowed
  • CGI and editing are allowed.
  • Please feel free to "enhance".
  • Feel free to take pictures on SISI
  • Group Photo's / group entries allowed
  • One Entry per person/group
  • One prize per entry
  • Link back to this thread as always
  • You will require an active EVE account to claim prizes
  • Competition Closes at midnight Christmas Day (EVE time)

Everyone that enters will win a prize* Top prizes will be awarded on effort/creativity.

Top prize:
1x Plex + 500m isk

Runners Up
5x 250m isk

*Mystery Prize / Lucky Dip
All entries will get a lucky dip prize drawn at random from Santa's sack, some small, some shiny, some silly, and I do seem to have misplaced a navy battleship... maybe it's in Santa's sack?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:26:29 pm by Anabaric »

barnn

• Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 545
  • barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.barnn forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Registered Member
Re: [Competition] Christmas Tree Fairy lights!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 04:03:37 pm »
Oooh.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/68873-A-very-festive-Myrmidon.html

The very tree-like Myrmidon hull was the obvious choice to turn even more christmassy.

All faction/storyline mods because 1) it's green and 2) faction sounds like festive.

'Love' remote armor reppers signify the love we all feel for each other at the holidays.

The 200mm plate signifies the blood-sucking bhaalgorn aka in-laws which we must put up with at the holidays.

The mixture of TPs and the repper w/ cap transfer looks surprisingly amazing, with all the red and green and gold and fireworks going everywhere. (hint- target your own drones with the fireworks, and off-cycle them so one is always bursting)

Hardeners + repper gives a beautiful effect on the already tree-like hull.

MWD is so that you can get to people faster to give them holiday hugs and cheer.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to my main desktop until after the new year, so I cannot render any video until then. :(

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
  • Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Anabaric forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:11:47 pm »
Video's would be awesome, but we've opened it up to allow photoshop / still images.  ;D

sysape

• Moderators
  • Commodore
  • Reputation Power: 1738
  • sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Quite bad.
    • iLLfm music for sick people
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »
:yarr:

mescalin.

• Member 5th Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mescalin. has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 11:20:33 am »

Stilp-ers

• Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 797
  • Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:37:50 am »
No.

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 04:22:12 am »
Someone needs a hug

EricShang

• Member 5th Class
  • EricShang has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 05:29:18 pm »
Hello

Please see our entry from The Bastards Alliance  :yarr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ACfVoGBng

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 05:11:35 am »
Well that sets the bar for everyone else :D

sysape

• Moderators
  • Commodore
  • sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.sysape forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Quite bad.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 10:32:53 am »
Updated my fit and video.

The Bastards don't seem to have submitted a fit, which should disqualify them if I read the rules right.

They needed to be much closer together for a good video, keep at range 500m in the christmas tree formation... but still, good effort.

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 03:36:42 am »
Distinct lack of effort from the community  ::)

Judging shouldn't take too long, will get results (and prizes) out shortly.

Stilp-ers

• Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 797
  • Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Stilp-ers forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 02:54:44 pm »
Bad contest is bad.

Moar out of the box fitting contests that I'll lose, plz.

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 09:05:38 am »
Bad contest is bad.

Meh...

People obviously dislike effort.

Results on this tonight / new "fitting" contest soon.

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 03:15:28 am »
Ok...

So entries were:

Sysapes Hurricane
A tree made of lasers/fireworks from the Bastards.
Mescalin's Buzzard
Barnn's Mrymidon

With only a few entries I'm going to dish out the prize pool as follows.

Top prize (500m)
The Bastards (A for effort, B- for application need moar abbadons next year)

Runners up (250m)
Sysape
Mescalin
Barnn's

Each of the runners up needs to send me a PM with their preferred race...
I'll dish out the remaining prize pool between you:
(I was expecting more than 4 entries...)

sysape

• Moderators
  • Commodore
  • Quite bad.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 04:38:03 am »
I don't see The Bastards' fit on the board.

But I spose if your CEO sets the competition you get to ride roughshod thru the rules.

All loot to Lucy Alfrir in game please Minmatar out of pref.

Thanks for running the comp Ana. Was amusing & put a silly kill on my board. :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:56:06 am by sysape »

mescalin.

• Member 5th Class
  • mescalin. has no influence.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 08:52:23 am »
I can't send PM's but if you will send prize to mescalin in game and I prefer Caldari.

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 07:35:32 am »
Bad contest is bad.

Moar out of the box fitting contests that I'll lose, plz.

cough

Anabaric

• Community Manager
  • Commodore
    • My EvE Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:19 am »
Mesc / Sys contracts up, isk in wallets.

Barnn send me your in game name ta mucho.

sysape

• Moderators
  • Commodore
  • Quite bad.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 12:28:16 pm »
Nice one Anabaric, thanks for the TFI. :D