L3 Mission Caracal Caracal / Standard Cruisers / Caldari
Rapid Heavy Typhoon Typhoon / Standard Battleships / Minmatar

Shop: Deep Space Supply

• Eve 60day Timecode
    60 Day EVE Game Time Code

60 days of EVE-Online Playing Time delivered by email!... Buy Now »

• Eve 30day CD Key
    30 Day EVE CD Key

New Accounts Only! Use this to create a brand-new account or convert a trial account to a paid account. Buy Now »

Forum

Author Topic: EVEMon development suspended  (Read 15872 times)

Jimi

• EVEMon Developer
  • Commander
  • Reputation Power: 303
  • Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Jimi forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • EVEMon Fanatic
EVEMon development suspended
« on: August 30, 2012, 03:27:46 am »
World, the time has come to... push the button

After 3 years continuous involvement with EVEMon and 1 1/2 years as acting Lead Dev, RL issues are forcing me to take a break and suspend my activity with EVE and EVEMon.

My absence is estimated to last for at least a month with the possibility of it lasting more than that or even being permanent.

If noone hears from me for more than a month, you can safely assume that I'm off for good, though I hope that the forum support will be continued by our volunteers.
In that case, I authorize the BC admins to initiate the procedures for my succession.
In the mean time, if anything urgent comes up (like CCP changing things) and EVEMon needs updating, I hope that the former Lead Dev, Richard Slater (who still has access rights to the repo), will step in and make the necessary adjustments.

Notes to the repo (for the next Lead Dev, if be):
The 1.8.0 branch has no new features added, though I intended to add Calendar Events, Contacts and Kill Reports monitoring. The base code is there but EVEMon lacks the GUI.

For any questions, I will be available to answer you till Saturday 01 Sept 2012 00:00 UTC.

In case I don't see you again, thanks for all the good and bad times. It was a 'hell of a ride' as long as it lasted.

Regards,
Jimi

Important clarification:
EVEMon still remains under the support/distribution of BattleClinic and any attempt to copy it and distribute via other means will only lead to it being considered not genuine.

The question here is not if EVEMon will keep being developed but who will be the acting lead dev (the man in charge). Bottom line until a month has passed and I have not given any signs, then it's time to find the new lead dev. And this is under the authority of the BattleClinic admins.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:19:18 am by Jimi »
"To be is to do" - Socrates
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Do" - Scooby Do
"Yaba Daba Doo!" - Fred Flintstone

lgonggr

• Member 5th Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • lgonggr has no influence.
Re: EVEMon development suspended
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:46:48 am »
Thanks for your hard work !

General Escobar

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 726
  • General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.General Escobar forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 04:42:25 am »
Sad to see it go! and thank you very much for all the hard work!!
Good luck with your RL issues!

Sovai Elaaren

• Member 5th Class
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Sovai Elaaren is breaking through obscurity.Sovai Elaaren is breaking through obscurity.Sovai Elaaren is breaking through obscurity.Sovai Elaaren is breaking through obscurity.Sovai Elaaren is breaking through obscurity.
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 06:03:42 am »
Thanks for all your work on this project over the years, it's very much appreciated!

Tonto Auri

• Contributing Developers
  • Fleet Captain
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Tonto Auri forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
    • EVE cheat sheet
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 06:30:55 am »
Jimi, that was a wonderful years, and I wish you come out of your issues good and recover quick.
My prayer is for you today. Take care!