myrm Myrmidon / Standard Battlecruisers / Gallente
Low sp dmg Megathron Navy Issue / Faction Battleships / Gallente

Shop: Deep Space Supply

• Eve 60day Timecode
    60 Day EVE Game Time Code

60 days of EVE-Online Playing Time delivered by email!... Buy Now »

• Eve 30day CD Key
    30 Day EVE CD Key

New Accounts Only! Use this to create a brand-new account or convert a trial account to a paid account. Buy Now »

Forum

Author Topic: Fitting a Rattlesnake.  (Read 2299 times)

Gaven Darklighter

• Boss Champion
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Reputation Power: 427
  • Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.Gaven Darklighter forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • I hope your ship blows up
Fitting a Rattlesnake.
« on: August 17, 2010, 05:40:39 pm »
OK. So first things first. I'm looking to build a solid lvl 4 rattlesnake fit for my alt mainly because I figure I can refit for lvl 5 tanking and have my main come in with some DPS, thus offering more versatility than a golem.

My main problem is that I'm not terribly familiar with sig radius and velocity issues in regards to BS sized launchers. so I'll jump into the pool of knowledge that is battleclinic and ask some of you guys what I need to do to improve on this fit without outright posting a new fit.

[Rattlesnake, New Setup 1 copy 1]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Shadow Serpentis 100MN Afterburner
Domination Target Painter
Domination Target Painter
Pith X-type Heat Dissipation Field II
Pith X-type Heat Dissipation Field II
Pith X-type Ballistic Deflection Field II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Siege Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Torpedo
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Large Core Defence Field Purger II

Ogre II x5

As far as changes to be made. I'm wondering if i have enough TPs for Torps? or should I stick some cruises on. I'm assuming 2 TPs would be enough for cruises. With the implants I'm using I have a 937 DPS Serp tank. Excessive I know, but w/e. With torps I'm getting a paper DPS of 965 with t1 torps. If I swap to cruises the DPS drops to 756. this is assuming Ogre 2s as the drones being used.

That being said, can some of you shield/missile folks point me in the right direction?

You've got balls of steel... balls of steel...

SghnDubh

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Reputation Power: 750
  • SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.SghnDubh forgot more about gaming than you'll ever know.
  • You can't tourniquet the taint
    • BattleClinic
Re: Fitting a Rattlesnake.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 06:50:48 am »
Your post is the reason for the loadout builder. Please post as a loadout. Thanks!